Boot backups instantly
Boot backup files as a VM in 2 minutes
Be DisasterReady and boot any point-in-time backup image (full or incremental) as a virtual machine in minutes, providing an alternative availability solution to bridge the gap between disaster and recovery.
Eliminate business downtime caused by lengthy physical to virtual conversions or restore processes.
1 tool → 3 main usages
Its flexibility and speed makes HyperBoot the ideal tool for:
- Emergency failover
- Backup testing
- Test lab environment
DisasterReady tool for any environments
HyperBoot is so flexible that it allows you to boot any Windows and Linux machines from physical or virtual environments in seconds. It is compatible with any ActiveImage Protector versions including agent-based and agentless options.
Supports Hyper-V, VMware and VirtualBox
NEW: Boots backup files from any environments as a virtual machine in VMware ESXi!
HyperBoot also supports Oracle VirtualBox, VMware WorkStation, VMware Player, Microsoft Hyper-V Windows based hypervisors.
Get machines available instantly and remotely
No need to be on site to use HyperBoot and start a VM from a backup file. Save time by operating this process from a remote location is now possible.
HyperBoot bypasses the lengthy, resource intensive, and cumbersome physical to virtual conversion process, and boots directly from the backup. It doesn’t require any resources from the source protected machines.
On top, changes made while running virtual machines from backups are saved as differential backup files. This allows for a more current restoration.
Free & included with ActiveImage Protector
HyperBoot is entirely free-of-charge and is included with the ActiveImage Protector trial and full software package ZIP file.
It can also be downloaded on its own before for update purposes; it only work in combination with the Actiphy ActiveImage Protector solutions.
HyperBoot replaces ImageBoot
ImageBoot disappears to make room to more flexible HyperBoot.
Upon installation of HyperBoot in the system environment in which ImageBoot is configured, ImageBoot will be automatically deleted. Please note that the settings configured for ImageBoot will not be migrated.
- As a “spare wheel” to run servers temporarily in the event of failure or while hardware is repaired or upgraded.
- Test your Recovery Time Objectives and Recovery Point Objectives.
- Perform mock disaster drills to verify recoverability.
- Identifying and isolating the point of failure by performing Postmortem Boot Analysis (PBA) of the backup image and incremental files.
- Temporarily run a replacement server while performing hardware migration or upgrades.
- Virtual migration testing.
- Test system or application upgrades prior to deployment to a live environment.
- Verify the integrity of a backup image files.
- Use VMware vMotion Live Migration to effect “recovery on boot” of a HyperBoot™virtual machine to a hypervisor in a production environment.
- Supports uEFI and drives over 2TB in size.
Easy to use instant availability solution
Step 1: Drag & drop the backup file chain to boot in the desired hypervisor
Step 2: Choose the point-in-time, source and target systems
Step 3: Boot the instantly created VM